Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Mah Sing’s Founder and Group Managing Director receiving the prestigious ‘Property Man 2021’ award at the Malaysia Property Award 2021 from the guest of honour T.Y.T. Tun Dato’ Seri Utama Ahmad Fuzi bin Haji Abdul Razak, Yang di-Pertua Negeri Pulau Pinang, with Datuk Seri Koe Peng Kang, president of FIABCI Malaysia in attendance. Image from: Mah Sing

Mah Sing Group Berhad (Mah Sing) Founder and Group Managing Director Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum was awarded the Property Man of the Year (2021) by the Malaysia Property Award at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya, on 29th March 2022. The award was presented by the guest of honour T.Y.T. Tun Dato’ Seri Utama Ahmad Fuzi bin Haji Abdul Razak, Yang di-Pertua Negeri Pulau Pinang. Datuk Seri Koe Peng Kang, president of FIABCI Malaysia, was also present, as were members of the FIABCI Malaysia exco and national committee. Meticulously organised by FIABCI Malaysia, the event was conducted following the most recent standard operating procedures (SOPs) to protect the health and safety of the invited guests.

When receiving the Property Man 2021 award, Mah Sing’s Founder and Group Managing Director, Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong Hoy Kum said, “I want to thank FIABCI Malaysia for honouring me as the Property Man 2021. When I first ventured into the property business in 1994, I had a vision of becoming a nation builder who creates development with the communities in mind. As the leader of Mah Sing, I believe in cultivating the concept of market orientation in our business approach, which prioritises identifying consumer needs and creating products that meet those demands. My business principles have always emphasised constant learning, versatility, and swift adaptation to an ever-changing environment. By winning this award, it gives a strong impetus for Mah Sing and I to continue our efforts in fostering a legacy of betterment for the community and to be a home developer for all Malaysians.”

Fostering the Legacy of Community-Focused Development

Long advocated for the creation of community-focused development projects across the country, Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong is a firm believer in developing products that are both appropriate and relevant for the community, as well as having long-term value. In response to the pandemic's challenges, Mah Sing is constantly developing affordable properties on the market in order to assist people in owning a home at a reasonable price. 

Mah Sing reaffirmed its commitment to building more affordable range development projects in the M Series, which consists of various categories of mixed development township offering landed properties, high-rise residential, offices, and retail shops.

The Group’s efforts also aim to ensure that Malaysians can have the opportunity to own affordable homes under RM500,000, be it landed or high-rise residential, for selected projects. For instance, the landed property project M Senyum in Salak Tinggi, Selangor offers indicative price from RM450,000 for built up of 1,555 sf onwards. M Nova, a high-rise residential project in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur, offers indicative price from RM318,000 for 700 sf unit onwards. Mah Sing is continually evolving under Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Leong’s guidance and direction to respond to market demands by prioritising buyers’ needs. The Group aspires to be Malaysia’s leader in building affordable homes with premium features in strategic areas to meet the country’s expanding demand.

Malaysia Property Awards by FIABCI Malaysia is the gold standard for developers in the real estate industry, it is a platform for them to showcase their best creations. The Award gained recognition and prestige as “Oscar Award” of the industry. It is now a brand by itself with developers vying to win the Award. The award procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, enforced and executed from the nomination stage, physical site visits and verifications, and judging. Continuously maintaining high standard of the judging process is vital in order to reflect its reputation.

FIABCI Malaysia is the local chapter of the international body, Federation Internationale des Administrateurs de Bien-Conselis Immobiliers (International Real Estate Federation), which has grown since 1975 with the objective of fostering goodwill and understanding with international organizations and promoting progress in development through better systems. Mah Sing values the excellent platform provided by FIABCI Malaysia through its unique membership and various professional development and educational activities for interaction among property developers, architects, contractors, consultants, professional estate agents, interior designers, and investors.

(31 March 2022)