Apollo Bello Tanco, CEO of Avaland (centre, standing first row) with runners at the starting position. Image from Avaland

Formerly known as MCT Berhad, fast-rising property developer Avaland Berhad (Avaland) organised its inaugural Cybersouth Fun Run at its Cybersouth township which saw more than 1,500 participants joining in the 5km and 10km run.

“This Cybersouth Fun Run is part of our initiatives to engage the communities around our developments through sports and activities that are inclusive. In-line with our mission of creating communities and enhancing lives, we hope to inspire the Cybersouth community towards a healthier lifestyle this new year,” highlighted Apollo Bello Tanco (Pol), Chief Executive Officer of Avaland who also participated in the run.

The 417-acre Cybersouth is a vibrant township developed by Avaland in the southern corridor of Klang Valley which is set to be the new growth corridor to Cyberjaya, Putrajaya and KLIA. The township is built with a 25-acre central park which features a jogging track that doubles as a cycling track and is complemented by clubhouse facilities.

Its latest launch, Casa Embun is a project located adjacent to the clubhouse with Moroccan-inspired interior design. With prices starting from RM250,000, the project is well-received by the buyers and achieved take-up rate of 85% since its launch in January 2023.

Participants at the Cybersouth Fun Run event. Image from: Avaland

The runners enjoyed a scenic run in the Cybersouth township which promotes nature-inspired living, as the route looped around several lakes and the luscious central park before the finishing line at the Avaland Show Village.

“Although I don’t usually join such runs, I was inspired to participate in Avaland’s Cybersouth Fun Run with my friends because my new year resolution is to get healthier and fitter in 2024,” said Muhammad Syazwan, one of the runners.

“The event was very well organized. I truly enjoyed the run and the scenic view filled with greenery and was impressed with the developments at Cybersouth,” shared Cheng Mey Ching, another participant.

“The free health screening that we provided to the residents of Cybersouth last year was well-received and we are glad that the community at Cybersouth enjoyed the Cybersouth Fun Run as well. We will continue to organize more health and wellness activities for the people of Cybersouth and Klang Valley as part of our ongoing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efforts,” added Pol. 

(8 January 2024)